Overview of Whitefish Credit Union
Whitefish Credit Union was established in 1934 and is the largest credit union operating in the state of Montana as measured by total assets. The company has 8 branches and 211 employees.
Who Can Join Whitefish Credit Union?
You can join the credit union if you live, work, worship, operate, own property, participate in an association or go to school in one of the following counties in Montana: Flathead, Lake, Lincoln, Sanders, Missoula, Ravalli, Lewis and Clark, Broadwater, Gallatin. You are also eligible to join the credit union if you live, work, worship, operate, own property, participate in an association or go to school within 50 air miles of Whitefish, Montana.
- Main Office Address: Po Box 37, Whitefish, MT 59937
- Website: http://www.whitefishcu.com
- Phone: (406) 862-3525
- Charter Number: 61949
- Charter Year: 1934
- Employees: 211
- Whitefish Credit Union Routing Number: 292178012
- Membership Trends: The credit union has a membership base of 60,893 which is significantly larger than the average credit union operating within the state. Credit unions in Montana each have on average 8,867 members. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has increased by 9%.
- Total Assets: $2,135 million
- Total Loans: $1,088 million
- Total Net Worth: $239 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $3,925
- Net Worth Ratio: 11.2%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Montana
There are currently 45 credit unions operating in the state of Montana and combined these credit unions have 399 members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Bear Paw Credit Union, Northwestern Energy Employees Credit Union and Butte Community Credit Union.