Overview of VyStar Credit Union
VyStar Credit Union was established in 1952 and is based in the state of Florida. It is one of the largest credit unions in the state (2nd largest in Florida) and in the country. VyStar was founded as the JAX Navy Federal Credit Union and changed its name to VyStar Credit Union in 2002. The credit union currently has 83 branches and 1,954 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 806,534 members.
Who Can Join VyStar Credit Union?
You are eligible to join VyStar Credit Union if you live or work in the 49 contiguous counties of Central to North Florida, 10 Southern Georgia counties or are a past or current military member or family of a past or current military member. The 59 counties that determine your ability the join this credit union are listed below:
- Florida Counties: Alachua, Baker, Bay, Bradford, Brevard, Calhoun, Citrus, Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Escambia, Flagler, Franklin, Gadsden, Gilchrist, Gulf, Hernando, Hamilton, Hillsborough, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Lake, Leon, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Marion, Nassau, Okaloosa, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, Santa Rosa, Seminole, St. Johns, Sumter, Suwannee, Taylor, Union, Volusia, Walton, Wakulla, Washington.
- Georgia Counties: Brooks, Camden, Charlton, Clinch, Echols, Glynn, Lanier, Lowndes, Thomas, Ware.
VyStar Products and Services Overview
VyStar offers a host of account types including a free checking account which has no monthly fee or required minimums to keep the account free.
- Free Checking Account – in addition to no monthly minimums, this account gives you access to not just VyStar Credit Union ATMs but a network of 20,000 ATMs nationwide. In addition the credit union does not charge for a number of services which most banks and credit unions charge for:
- Savings Account
- Investing Services
- Automotive Loans
- Credit Cards
VyStar Credit Union is also among the credit unions that are part of the Zelle Network.
- Main Office Address: 76 S Laura St, Jacksonville, FL 32202-3433
- Website: http://www.vystarcu.org
- Phone: (904) 777-6000
- Charter Number: 68490
- Charter Year: 1952
- Employees: 2,186
- VyStar Credit Union Routing Number: 263079276
- Membership Trends: Credit unions in the state of Florida have an average membership base of 51,910 compared with VyStar Credit Union which has total members of 806,534. Over the past two years, the credit union’s total membership has increased by 16%.
VyStar Credit Union Financial Information
- Total Assets: $11,652 million
- Total Loans: $7,979 million
- Total Net Worth: $960 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $1,191
- Net Worth Ratio: 8.2%
- Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Florida
There are currently 128 credit unions operating in the state of Florida and combined these credit unions have 6.6 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: First Coast Community Credit Union, Tropical Financial Credit Union and Flag Credit Union.