Overview of Utilities Employees Credit Union
Utilities Employees Credit Union was established in 1934 and is the 10th largest credit union operating in the state of Pennsylvania as measured by total assets. The company has 1 branch and 92 employees.
Who Can Join Utilities Employees Credit Union?
Employees and Retirees of the credit union’s partner companies (view the list here) are eligible to join. Utility and energy employees and retirees and all Pennsylvania residents are also eligible to join the credit union (this is through the Pennsylvania American Consumer Council). Family of existing members of the credit union are also eligible to join.
- Main Office Address: P.O. Box 14864, Reading, PA 19612
- Website: http://www.uecu.org
- Phone: (610) 927-4000
- Charter Number: 64896
- Charter Year: 1934
- Employees: 112
- Utilities Employees Credit Union Routing Number: 231385633
- Membership Trends: The credit union has a membership base of 46,438 which is significantly larger than the average credit union operating within the state. Credit unions in Pennsylvania each have on average 13,760 members. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has declined by 4%.
Financial Metrics (as of March 2022):
- Total Assets: $1,394 million
- Total Loans: $501 million
- Total Net Worth: $209 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $4,495
- Net Worth Ratio: 15.0%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Pennsylvania
There are currently 340 credit unions operating in the state of Pennsylvania and combined these credit unions have 4.6 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Hidden River Credit Union, Gold Credit Union and Moonlight Credit Union.