Overview of Social Security Credit Union
Social Security Credit Union was first established in the year 1947 and is based in the state of Alabama. The credit union currently has 1 branch and 6 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 3,549 members.
Who Can Join?
Eligible to join Social Security Credit Union are the following:
- All employees (active or retiree) of the Social Security Administration and other Department of Health and Human Services offices in Metropolitan Birmingham, offices or divisions under the jurisdiction of the Southeastern Program Service Center
- Federal employees in the Greater Metropolitan Birmingham area, or permanent contracted employees that work in the Social Security Administration Building
- Main Office Address: Po Box 937, Birmingham, AL 35201
- Website: https://www.ssacu.com/
- Phone: (205) 323-7028
- Total Members: 3,549
- Total Assets: $36 million
- Charter Number: 61391
- Routing Number: 262085863
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Alabama
There are currently 99 credit unions operating in the state of Alabama and combined these credit unions have 2.4 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Railway Employees Credit Union, Mobile Government Employees Credit Union and Mobile Educators Credit Union.