Overview of Self Reliance NY Credit Union
Self Reliance NY Credit Union was established in 1951. It is the 18th largest credit union operating in the state of New York as measured by total assets and one of the richest credit unions in the country and also one of the best credit unions per our July publication. The company has 5 branches and 45 employees.
Who Can Join?
To become a member of the credit union, individuals must first qualify for membership in the Selfreliance Association of American Ukrainians, New York Branch, the sponsor organization of the Credit Union. The association is located at 98 Second Avenue in New York City. There are also branches of the Association in Uniondale and Kerhonkson, New York. Self Reliance NY states that the credit union was established to “foster the ideals of cooperation and promote the financial well being and security of its members and through them, the Ukrainian American community”.
- Main Office Address: 108 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10003-8302
- Website: http://www.selfrelianceny.org
- Phone: (212) 473-7310
- Charter Number: 7217
- Charter Year: 1951
- Employees: 47
- Self Reliance NY Credit Union Routing Number: 221381715
- Membership Trends: The credit union has a membership base of 14,819 which is significantly smaller than the average credit union operating within the state. Credit unions in New York each have on average 20,829 members. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has declined by 3%.
Financial Metrics (as of March 2022):
- Total Assets: $1,515 million
- Total Loans: $660 million
- Total Net Worth: $244 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $16,432
- Net Worth Ratio: 16.1%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in New York
There are currently 308 credit unions operating in the state of New York and combined these credit unions have 6.3 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Concord Credit Union, Dunlop Employees Credit Union and Port Washington Teachers Credit Union.