Overview of SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union was established in 1985 and is the largest credit union operating in the state of California as measured by total assets. The company has 67 branches and 2,633 employees.
Who Can Join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union?
In order to join the credit union you must fall into one of the following categories:
- You are a current or retired school employee in California
- You are an immediate family member of a SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Member, including spouse, domestic partner, parent, sibling, child, grandparent or grandchild
- You are an employee of a company whose primary business is to provide a direct service to an eligible school or district in California.
- You are a college student enrolled in an education program with a student teaching requirement – again within the state of California.
- Main Office Address: 15332 Newport Ave, Tustin, CA 92780
- Website: https://www.schoolsfirstfcu.org
- Phone: (714) 258-4000
- Charter Number: 24212
- Charter Year: 1985
- Employees: 2,601
- SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Routing Number: 322282001
- Membership Trends: On average, credit unions in California each have 48,358 members while across the United States the equivalent figure is 26,711. By comparison, SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union has total members of 1,217,806 which is significantly larger than the average credit union in the state. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has increased by 41%.
Financial Metrics (as of March 2022):
- Total Assets: $27,888 million
- Total Loans: $13,625 million
- Total Net Worth: $2,652 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $2,177
- Net Worth Ratio: 9.5%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in California
There are currently 267 credit unions operating in the state of California and combined these credit unions have 12.8 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Operating Engineers Local Union #3 Credit Union, Union Yes Credit Union and San Diego Firefighters Credit Union.