Bankdash Scholarship Program
We are very excited to announce the Bankdash Scholarship Program! One of the core beliefs we hold is that the financial sector is far too complex and that financial literacy in the United States is much lower than it should be. With this annual scholarship we hope to increase awareness of these issues, encourage students to conduct independent research into important personal financial matters, while also rewarding the brightest student minds. The Scholarship is open to current undergraduate and graduate students of all majors and areas of study that satisfy all of the eligibility requirements detailed below. Two scholarships totaling $1,500 will be awarded. The applicant that is selected as the first place winner will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship and the applicant that is the runner-up will be awarded a $500 scholarship.
In order to qualify for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be enrolled at an accredited post-secondary institution in the United States
- Be completing their undergraduate or graduate degree after 2022
- Maintain a GPA of 3.00 or better (or equivalent)
- Be a legal resident of the United States
- Complete an essay submission that satisfies all essay guidelines by the specified deadline
- Submit a copy of their official transcript along with their essay submission
Applicants that are found to have misrepresented their eligibility will be disqualified. In the case that award winners are subsequently found to have misrepresented their eligibility, disbursed scholarship funds will have to be returned and will be awarded to the next best applicant.
Your essay submission is the most important element of your application for this scholarship. Please review the below guidelines carefully to ensure that your essay follows all of the instructions:
- Essay Question: What steps can the public and private sector take to dramatically improve financial literacy in the United States?
- The essay can only have one author which must also be the applicant.
- Each applicant can only enter one submission each year.
- Essay must be between 1,000 and 1,500 words, not including references.
- Essays must be submitted online in a .pdf or .doc format.
- Essay submissions must be a single document and the header of each page of the essay must include the author’s full name and a page number.
- Essay entries must have a cover page with the following information
- Applicant’s name
- Essay Title
- Mailing address
- Phone Number
- E-mail address
- Accredited Post-Secondary Institution You’re Attending
- Anticipated Year of Graduation
- Cumulative GPA
- Current Status in the United States (Citizen or other Legal Resident)
- Essay entries must include appropriate references and citations.
- Essay entries must be the original work of the applicant. Any evidence of plagiarism will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Essay submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12-point font and with 1-inch margins.
- Entries will be judged for the strength of their arguments, originality of their solutions and clarity of expression.
- All submissions must be sent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org by the indicated deadline.
Essay Submission Deadline: September 2, 2022
We are now accepting applications for the Bankdash Scholarship Program. Please note the following deadlines:
- Submission Deadline: 11:59pm on Friday, September 2, 2022
- Winners Announced: Wednesday November 30, 2022
- Scholarship Funds Disbursed: Wednesday November 30, 2022
Winners will be notified by e-mail and scholarships will be sent by certified check to the address provided by the applicants.