Overview of Puerto Rico Federal Credit Union
Puerto Rico Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1960 and is based in the state of Puerto Rico. The credit union currently has 4 branches and 37 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 20,815 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership at Puerto Rico Federal Credit Union is open to the following:
- An employee or partner of any of the companies, sectors and affiliated entities of this credit union
- Any employee, retiree or immediate family member of the affiliated companies or entities and any person who resides, works, studies, or congregates in the San Juan area can become a member
- An immediate relative is your spouse, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, or grandchildren
- Immediate family member includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships
- Any person residing in the same residence can be a member
- Every employee, and member of the Museo de Arte de Ponce de Puerto Rico (MAP), or who has contributed with a donation
- Any spouse of a member who has unfortunately died while a member of this credit union
- Main Office Address: 55 Resolucion Street, Esq., Roosevelt, Caparra, PR 920
- Website: http://www.prfedcu.com
- Phone: (787) 749-0500
- Total Members: 20,815
- Total Assets: $210 million
- Charter Number: 13939
- Routing Number: 21583357
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Puerto Rico
There are currently 5 credit unions operating in the state of Puerto Rico and combined these credit unions have 90 members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Puerto Rico Employee Groups Credit Union, Universal Coop Credit Union and Caribe Credit Union.