Potomac Federal Credit Union: How It Ranks
Potomac Federal Credit Union did not make our list of the 100 best credit unions. Although the credit union has a healthy net worth ratio, its net worth per member is below the national average and peers, and its operating costs are relatively high. A lot of this likely has to do with the size of the credit union and it lacks scale benefits. The membership of the credit union has also been slightly declining in recent years.
Overview of Potomac Federal Credit Union
Potomac Federal Credit Union was established in 1954 and is the 47th largest credit union operating in the state of Maryland as measured by total assets. The credit union was previously know as CCSAC Federal Credit Union until it got approval from the NCUA to change its name to Potomac Federal Credit Union in 2006. The credit union has 2 branches and employs 13 people.
Potomac Federal Credit Union was not one of the
Who Can Join Potomac Federal Credit Union?
You can join Potomac Federal Credit Union if you live, work (or regularly conduct business,) worship, or attend school in Bedford County, Pennsylvania, Allegany and Garrett County, Maryland and Hampshire and Mineral County, West Virginia.
- Main Office Address: P.O. Box 1382, Cumberland, MD 21501
- Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday-Friday 9am-5pm, Wednesday 9am-2pm
- Website: http://potomacfcu.org
- Phone: (301) 722-5522 (Oldtown Phone Number: (301) 777-1111)
- Charter Number: 9445
- Charter Year: 1954
- Employees: 13
- Potomac Credit Union Routing Number: 252177147
- Membership Trends: credit unions in Maryland have an average membership base of 28,138 compared with Potomac Federal Credit Union which has total members of 3,988. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has increased by 34%.
- Total Assets: $35 million
- Total Loans: $21 million
- Total Net Worth: $4 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $909
- Net Worth Ratio: 10.3%.
- Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Maryland
There are currently 72 credit unions operating in the state of Maryland and combined these credit unions have 2.0 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: APL Credit Union, Market USA Credit Union and Marriott Employees Credit Union.