Overview of Post Office Employees Credit Union
Post Office Employees Credit Union was first established in the year 1924 and is based in the state of Louisiana. The credit union currently has 3 branches and 14 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 4,571 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership is open to the following:
- Persons who live, work, worship or attend school in the 5th Council District of Jefferson Parish and Covington, LA
- Persons who are licensed or employed by one of the following Boards in Baton Rouge, Louisiana:
- Louisiana State Board of Barber Examiners
- Louisiana State Board of Cosmetology
- Persons who are employed by one of this union’s “Member Employer” offices
- A person retired as a pensioner or annuitant from the list of “Member Employers”
- An immediate family member of a POECU member
- A member in good standing with UFCW Local 496 in Metairie, Louisiana
- The widow or widower of a person who died while in the field of membership of the Homeland Federal Credit Union (formerly USCFCU)
- An employee of POECU
- Members of their immediate families and organizations of such persons
- Main Office Address: 4624 W Napoleon Ave, Metairie, LA 70001-2492
- Website: http://www.poecu.org
- Phone: (504) 885-6871
- Total Members: 4,571
- Total Assets: $54 million
- Charter Number: 63069
- Routing Number: 265076028
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Louisiana
There are currently 159 credit unions operating in the state of Louisiana and combined these credit unions have 1.3 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Calcasieu Teachers And Employees Credit Union, New Orleans Police Department Emp. Credit Union and N.O. Port Commission Employees Credit Union.