Overview of Pentagon Federal Credit Union
Pentagon Federal Credit Union was established in 1935 and is the 2nd largest credit union operating in the state of Virginia as measured by total assets. The company has 44 branches and 3,927 employees.
Who Can Join Pentagon Federal Credit Union?
Membership is open to anyone interested in joining the credit union.
- Main Office Address: 7940 Jones Branch Dr, Mclean, VA 22102
- Website: http://www.penfed.org
- Phone: (571) 341-6706
- Charter Number: 227
- Charter Year: 1935
- Employees: 3,630
- Pentagon Federal Credit Union Routing Number: 256078446
- Membership Trends: On average, credit unions in Virginia each have 160,249 members while across the United States the equivalent figure is 26,711. By comparison, Pentagon Federal Credit Union has total members of 2,715,505 which is significantly larger than the average credit union in the state. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has increased by 58%.
Financial Metrics (as of March 2022):
- Total Assets: $35,385 million
- Total Loans: $27,868 million
- Total Net Worth: $3,216 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $1,184
- Net Worth Ratio: 9.1%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Virginia
There are currently 108 credit unions operating in the state of Virginia and combined these credit unions have 16.7 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Infirst Credit Union, Justice Credit Union and Kemba Roanoke Credit Union.