Overview of Northern United Federal Credit Union
Northern United Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1940 and is based in the state of Michigan. The credit union currently has 1 branch and 4 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 2,177 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership at Northern United Federal Credit Union is open to the following:
- Employees of Delta County, Michigan and of cities and towns within Delta County
- Employees of the State of Michigan
- Civilian and military personnel of the U. S. Government who work in Delta County
- Employees, doctors, medical staff members and technicians of OSF St. Francis Hospital in Escanaba, MI
- Employees of Community Action Agency
- Employees of Delta Abstract & Title Co.
- Staff and faculty, students of the Escanaba Area Public Schools
- Employees of and students of Gladstone Area Schools
- Physicians, Nurses and staff of Marquette General Health Systems
- Employees of the Central Division of Southern Bell Telephone Co., Western Electric Company, Inc, American Telephone and Telegraph Company & Ameritech, who work in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- Employees of Canadian National Railway, formerly known as Wisconsin Central, who work in or are supervised from Escanaba or Gladstone
- Employees and newspaper carriers of the Escanaba Daily Press or persons employed in the printing industry in Delta County, MI
- Employees of CGI
- Spouses of persons who died while in the field of membership of this credit union
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment
- Members of their immediate families
- Organizations of such persons.
- Main Office Address: 123 S Lincoln Rd, Escanaba, MI 49829-1339
- Website: https://www.northernufcu.org/
- Phone: (906) 786-0888
- Charter Number: 3726
- Charter Year: 1940
- Routing Number: 291172624
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Michigan
There are currently 208 credit unions operating in the state of Michigan and combined these credit unions have 5.8 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Service 1 Credit Union, Chief Financial Credit Union and Peninsula Credit Union.