Overview of Northern Illinois Federal Credit Union
Northern Illinois Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1969 and is based in the state of Illinois. The credit union currently has 1 branch and 5 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 2,122 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership at Northern Illinois Federal Credit Union is open to:
- People who live, work, attend school or worship in DeKalb county, Lee county, and Ogle county
- Immediate family of current members (spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, step, and adoptive relations)
- Members of the same household as current members (persons living in the same residence forming a single economic unit)
- Employees of the following employer groups:
- DeKalb Public Library
- Illinois Association of School Business Officials
- Northern Illinois University
- Main Office Address: 817 W Lincoln Hwy, Dekalb, IL 60115
- Website: https://mynifcu.com/
- Phone: (815) 669-1599
- Charter Number: 19708
- Charter Year: 1969
- Routing Number: 271982779
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Illinois
There are currently 205 credit unions operating in the state of Illinois and combined these credit unions have 3.4 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Swedish American Credit Union, Northwest Municipal Credit Union and Illinois State Police Credit Union.