Overview of New Bedford Credit Union
New Bedford Credit Union was first established in the year 1932 and is based in the state of Massachusetts. The credit union currently has 2 branches and 32 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 10,287 members.
Who Can Join?
The field of membership of NBCU is limited to:
- Employees of the City of New Bedford including pensioned employees of the Credit Union
- Family members of such employees
- Persons who live, work, or attend school in:
- Bristol County
- the towns of Rochester, Marion, Mattapoisett, Wareham, Lakeville, Middleboro, Carver, Plymouth, Raynham
- Bridgewater in Plymouth County
- the towns of Bourne, Buzzards Bay, Falmouth, Mashpee, Sandwich, Barnstable and Yarmouth in Barnstable County
- towns of Little Compton and Tiverton in Newport County, Rhode Island
- family members of such persons.
- Main Office Address: 1150 Purchase Street, New Bedford, MA 2740
- Website: https://nbcu4u.com/
- Phone: (508) 994-6546
- Total Members: 10,287
- Total Assets: $152 million
- Charter Number: 66733
- Routing Number: 211384667
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Massachusetts
There are currently 147 credit unions operating in the state of Massachusetts and combined these credit unions have 3.2 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Athol Credit Union, Members Plus Credit Union and Leominster Credit Union.