Overview of Municipal Credit Union
Municipal Credit Union was first established in the year 1917 and is based in the state of New York. The credit union currently has 16 branches and 465 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 586,597 members.
Who Can Join?
You are eligible to join the credit union if you are:
- An employee of the City of New York
- An employee of a hospital, nursing home, health facility, or their affiliates located in New York State
- A Federal employee who works in the five boroughs
- A State employee who works in the five boroughs
- All students enrolled in a college, university, school, or institution, in the City University of New York (CUNY) education system
- All students enrolled in St. John’s University who are attending campuses located in New York State
- An employee working for agencies operating within the City of New York metropolitan area and which are at least in part funded by the City of New York or the State of New York
- A retiree receiving a pension or annuity from one of the organizations that qualify for membership in MCU
- An employee of an insurance company that offers health-related insurance in the State of New York
- An employee of companies that produce and/or supply hospitals in the State of New York with medical and other types of healthcare products
- An employee of the City of Yonkers or Mount Vernon
- An employee of a private college located in the City of New York
- An employee of a private or public college in the counties of Nassau, Suffolk or Westchester
- An employee of the Archdiocese of New York or Brooklyn
- A member of certain private employers or industry groups
- A family member of a member or individual who is eligible for membership. Eligible family members include those related by blood, marriage, adoption or living in the same household, including spouse, parent, stepparent, child, stepchild, sibling, stepsibling, grandchild, grandparent, or great grandparent. “Household” means living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit.
- Main Office Address: 22 Cortlandt St, New York, NY 10007-3107
- Website: http://www.nymcu.org
- Phone: (212) 238-3300
- Total Members: 586,597
- Total Assets: $4,184 million
- Charter Number: 60153
- Routing Number: 226078036
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.