Overview of Midwest America Credit Union
Midwest America Credit Union was first established in the year 1936 and is based in the state of Indiana. The credit union currently has 18 branches and 183 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 55,319 members.
Who Can Join?
To become a member, an individual should be an employee of a business within their field of membership, or be related to or live within the same household as an employee of a business within their membership.
- Be an immediate family member (parents, siblings, stepparents, stepchildren, and adoptive relationships) of an existing member; or
- Live in the same household (persons living in the same residence and maintaining the same economic unit) as a member; or
- Live, work, worship, or attend school within the designated Allen County Investment Area, in Fort Wayne, Indiana or be related to or live within the same household as someone who does. Businesses and other legal entities located in the Investment Area can also qualify; or
- Live or work in Vermilion or Coles County (Illinois); or
- Live, work, worship, attend school in the underserved area consisting of Allen, Barren, Christian, Monroe, and Trigg Counties, Kentucky; or
- Businesses and other legal entities located in Allen, Barren, and Monroe counties, Kentucky can also qualify.
- Employees of MidWest America FCU and their family members.
- Once you’ve set up your account, it can remain open as long as you’d like even if you change employers or your relationship status changes. If you ever choose to close your account, you will need to re-qualify for membership through one of the above criteria.
- Main Office Address: 1104 Medical Park Dr, Fort Wayne, IN 46825-5826
- Website: http://www.mwafcu.org
- Phone: (260) 482-3334
- Total Members: 55,319
- Total Assets: $799 million
- Charter Number: 1427
- Routing Number: 274973141
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.