Overview of Lower East Side People’s Federal Credit Union
Lower East Side People’s Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1986 and is based in the state of New York. The credit union currently has 3 branches and 21 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 8,768 members.
Who Can Join?
LES People’s FCU serves a broad membership in New York City. To be eligible to join, the person must meet one of the following:
- Individuals, who live, work, volunteer, worship, attend school, or belong to any organization located in:
- Lower East Side
- Central Harlem
- East Harlem
- North Shore of Staten Island
- Any organization or business located in the above communities
- Residents of New York City who earn less than $48,500 annually
- Anyone, who lives in an HDFC Co-op building
- Graduates from the Getting Ahead™ personal financial management class
- People affiliated with one of the credit union’s Select Partner Groups
- A family member of an existing member
- Main Office Address: 37 Avenue B, New York, NY 10009
- Website: https://www.lespeoples.org
- Phone: (212) 529-8197
- Charter Number: 24232
- Charter Year: 1986
- Routing Number: 226082598
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is considered to be well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in New York
There are currently 308 credit unions operating in the state of New York and combined these credit unions have 6.3 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Greece Community Credit Union, Advantage Credit Union and Stewart’s Credit Union.