Overview of Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union
Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1959 and is based in the state of California. The credit union currently has 4 branches and 148 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 42,235 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership is open to all law enforcement employees and their family members in Los Angeles, meaning:
- Sworn and civilian employees of Municipal Police or Sheriff’s Departments in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, or Ventura Counties including commissioners of county municipal police departments, members of Police Reserve Corps and retirees or pensioners from organizations listed above
- Board Members and Unpaid Officials (Volunteers) of non-profit organizations organized for the benefit and support of Municipal Police or Sheriff’s Departments in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, or Ventura Counties
- Employees of Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation, William H. Parker Foundation, or Los Angeles Police Foundation
- Police Cadets
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of LAPFCU; employees of the Credit Union; persons retired as retirees, pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; members of their immediate family or household; corporate or other legal entities in this charter; volunteers; and organizations of such persons
- Employees of Los Angeles Department of Public Works, Bureau of Street Services, Investigation and Enforcement Division
- Main Office Address: 16150 Sherman Way, Van Nuys, CA 91406
- Website: https://www.lapfcu.org
- Phone: (818) 787-6520
- Total Members: 42,235
- Total Assets: $1,326 million
- Charter Number: 24553
- Routing Number: 322078493
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in California
There are currently 267 credit unions operating in the state of California and combined these credit unions have 12.8 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Comunidad Latina Credit Union, Noble Credit Union and Hanin Credit Union.