Overview of LCRA Credit Union
LCRA Credit Union was first established in the year 1940 and is based in the state of Texas. The credit union currently has 2 branches and 5 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 2,315 members.
Who Can Join?
Individuals of the following groups are eligible to become members of the LCRA Credit Union:
- Employees and Board Members of the Lower Colorado River Authority
- Employees of subsidiaries and affiliates, owned or operated by LCRA and paid from Austin, Texas
- Employees and Board Members and/or City Council Members of the Wholesale Customers of the Lower Colorado River Authority
- Any business or organization whose employees or members are within this field of membership
- Persons who live, work, attend school, or worship in, and businesses located within a 10-mile radius of LCRA Credit Union’s office located at: 3505 Montopolis, Austin, TX 78744
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union
- Groups of employees or members of companies or associations which are located within ten miles of this credit union’s main office or any additional office and which have furnished written evidence of sponsor support to the credit union; provided, however, that (1) any group having more than 300 employees or 500 members or (2) any group already being served as primary members of another credit union shall be admitted only by an amendment of this section which specifically names the group being admitted
- Employees and Board Members of the San Bernard Electric Coop (even though they also wish to maintain eligibility for membership in Plains Bell Federal Credit Union)
- Employees and Board Members of the Housing Authority of the City of Luling
- Members and Friends of the Colorado River Foundation
- Contract employees who are assigned permanently or temporarily to any affiliate of the Lower Colorado River Authority
- Persons who are receiving retirement, pension, or other benefits as a result of prior employment by any business or organization included within this field of membership
- Employees of County of Fayette, Fayette County, Texas
- Employees of St. Mark’s Medical Center, La Grange, Texas
- Main Office Address: P O Box 19138, Austin, TX 78760
- Website: http://lcracu.org
- Phone: (737) 212-0030
- Total Members: 2,315
- Total Assets: $25 million
- Charter Number: 67537
- Routing Number: 314977243
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in California
There are currently 267 credit unions operating in the state of California and combined these credit unions have 12.8 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Families And Schools Together Credit Union, Capstone Credit Union and Mattel Credit Union.