Overview of La Capitol Credit Union
La Capitol Credit Union was first established in the year 1961 and is based in the state of Louisiana. The credit union currently has 16 branches and 166 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 52,241 members.
Who Can Join?
You are eligible to join if:
1. You live, work, worship or attend school in the city of Baton Rouge in underserved designations of any of the following parishes: Allen, Grant, Jefferson, Lincoln, Natchitoches, Orleans, Ouachita, Plaquemine, Rapides, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. John, Tangipahoa, or Terrebonne.
2. You attend one of the following schools:
- Baton Rouge Community College (BRCC)
- Delgado Community College
- Louisiana Tech University
- Northwestern State University (NSU)
- Nunez Community College
- Southeastern Louisiana University (SLU)
- University of Louisiana at Monroe (ULM)
3. You are a qualifying relative of a current member.
4. Are employed by one of the select employee groups or any Louisiana state agency without its own credit union
5. Are a member of Louisiana Association for Personal Financial Achievement (ACHIEVE)
- Main Office Address: P.O. Box 3398, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3398
- Website: http://www.lacapfcu.org
- Phone: (225) 342-5055
- Total Members: 52,241
- Total Assets: $685 million
- Charter Number: 14568
- Routing Number: 265473582
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.