Overview of KLEFCU
Knoxville Law Enforcement Federal Credit Union (KLEFCU) was established in 1957 and is the 76th largest credit union operating in the state of Tennessee as measured by total assets. The company has 1 branch and has 6 employees. While the credit union’s name might lead you to think its field of membership was limited to law enforcement individuals, as discussed in the following section, KLEFCU determines eligibility by geography.
Who Can Join KLEFCU?
You are eligible to join KLEFCU if you live, work (or regulary conduct business in), worship, or attend school in, and or are a business and other legal entity located in Knox County, Tennessee.
- Main Office Address: 501 E. Summit Hill Drive, Knoxville, TN 37915
- Website: http://www.klefcu.com
- Phone: (865) 522-3900
- Charter Number: 11533
- Charter Year: 1957
- Employees: 6
- KLEFCU Routing Number: 264279622
- Membership Trends: KLEFCU has a membership base of 1,635 which is significantly smaller than the average credit union operating in the state of Tennessee. The average credit union in the state has 18,398 members. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has declined by 3%.
- Total Assets: $37 million
- Total Loans: $15 million
- Total Net Worth: $4 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $2,535
- Net Worth Ratio: 11.3%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Tennessee
There are currently 134 credit unions operating in the state of Tennessee and combined these credit unions have 2.5 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: BASF Chattanooga Credit Union, ETMA Credit Union and Knox County Teachers Credit Union.
Should You Join KLEFCU?
You should always do your own research before joining a credit union or signing up for any financial services product. KLEFCU has a net worth per member that is significantly above the national average, which is an important metric to consider when evaluating credit union performance over time. However, membership in KLEFCU as discussed above has been steadily declining over the past 5 years from and has fallen from 1,733 in 2016 to 1,635 in 2021.