Overview of Illinois Educators Credit Union
Illinois Educators Credit Union was first established in the year 1938 and is based in the state of Illinois. The credit union currently has 1 branch and 15 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 7,467 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership is open to the following:
- Any person affiliated with the education community, including employees, retired employees, current students and alumni of any school in Sangamon, Menard, Morgan, Cass, Brown, Adams, Pike, and Scott County Illinois, including the districts of the following:
- Athens, Auburn, Ball Chatham, Carlinville, Greenview, New Berlin, Pawnee, Pleasant Plains
- Riverton, Rochester, ROE #1, Tri-City, Williamsville-Sherman, Winchester, Waverly
- Lincoln Land Community College, University of Illinois in Springfield, Robert Morris University, Benedictine University
- People who are employed by Horace Mann Companies, Illinois Education Association (IEA/NEA) or subsidiaries and affiliates of IEA/NEA
- An immediate family of current members of this credit union
- Main Office Address: 3101 Montvale Drive, Springfield, IL 62704
- Website: http://www.iecumember.org
- Phone: (217) 528-2642
- Total Members: 7,467
- Total Assets: $80 million
- Charter Number: 65305
- Routing Number: 271189433
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Illinois
There are currently 205 credit unions operating in the state of Illinois and combined these credit unions have 3.4 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Salem School System Credit Union, State Employees Community Credit Union and Central Illinois Credit Union.