Overview of Honolulu Federal Credit Union
Honolulu Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1936 and is based in the state of Hawaii. The credit union currently has 5 branches and 51 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 19,205 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership at Honolulu Federal Credit Union is open to the following:
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces including the U.S. Coast Guard who live in Hawaii, active, honorably discharged or retired, or their dependents or dependent survivors who live in Hawaii who are eligible to receive and are receiving benefits or services from the Sand Island Coast Guard Base in Hawaii.
- Civilian employees of the U.S. Government headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, including civilian and military employees of all branches of the Department of Defense.
- Contractors and employees of contractors who regularly work at the Sand Island Coast Guard Base in Hawaii under contract with the U.S. Government except those who are eligible for primary membership in another credit union by virtue of their employment.
- Employees of HOCU
- Members of Selected Associations
- Employees of Select Employer Groups (SEGS)
- Immediate family members and persons sharing a household with existing members can join HOCU.
- Spouses of persons who died within our field of membership, retirees, volunteers, and organizations of such persons
- Main Office Address: P.O. Box 235862, Honolulu, HI 96823-3515
- Website: http://www.myhocu.com
- Phone: (808) 777-5646
- Total Members: 19,205
- Total Assets: $360 million
- Charter Number: 1830
- Routing Number: 321379164
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Hawaii
There are currently 48 credit unions operating in the state of Hawaii and combined these credit unions have 861 members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Aloha Pacific Credit Union, HFS Credit Union and Maui Teachers Credit Union.