Overview of Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union
Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union was established in 1954 and is the 65th largest credit union operating in the state of Virginia as measured by total assets. The company has 1 branch and 13 employees.
Who Can Join Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union?
You can join the credit union if you are a school system retiree, teacher, staff, student, or parent of a student currently attending school in the following cities and counties: Gloucester County Schools, Gloucester Municipal Employees, Hampton City Schools, Isle of Wight County Schools, Mathews County Schools, Middlesex County Schools, Poquoson Schools, Surry County Schools, Williamsburg/James City County Schools, Thomas Nelson Community College, Hampton University, and all private schools located within these areas.
- Main Office Address: 2130 Cunningham Dr, Hampton, VA 23666
- Website: http://www.hrecu.org
- Phone: (757) 838-0707
- Charter Number: 66913
- Charter Year: 1954
- Employees: 13
- Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union Routing Number: 251480712
- Membership Trends: The credit union has a membership base of 4,820 which is significantly smaller than the average credit union operating within the state. Credit unions in Virginia each have on average 154,246 members. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has declined by 9%.
- Total Assets: $41 million
- Total Loans: $15 million
- Total Net Worth: $3 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $625
- Net Worth Ratio: 7.4%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Virginia
There are currently 108 credit unions operating in the state of Virginia and combined these credit unions have 16.7 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Valleystar Credit Union, Front Royal Federal Credit Union, Richmond Virginia Fire Police Credit Union and Petersburg Fed Ref Credit Union.