Overview of Greensboro Municipal Federal Credit Union
Greensboro Municipal Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1937 and is based in the state of North Carolina. The credit union currently has 3 branches and 15 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 6,252 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership is open to the employees of one of the credit union’s GMFCU Business Partners, a member of the organizations listed, a resident or a volunteer in designated areas of Greensboro.
- Spouses of persons who died while in the field of membership of this credit union
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the employer list
- Members’ immediate family or household
- Immediate family is defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild
- This includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and adoptive relationships
- Household is defined as persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit
- Volunteers, by virtue of their close relationship with a sponsor group, are included as part of our field of membership
- Examples include volunteers working at a hospital or church that have a close relationship with one of our sponsor groups
- Main Office Address: 217 N Greene St, Greensboro, NC 27401
- Website: http://www.greensboromcu.org
- Phone: (336) 373-2090
- Total Members: 6,252
- Total Assets: $71 million
- Charter Number: 24840
- Routing Number: 253175931
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in North Carolina
There are currently 63 credit unions operating in the state of North Carolina and combined these credit unions have 4.8 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Civic Credit Union, Electel Cooperative Credit Union and Winston-Salem Credit Union.