Overview of Government Employee Federal Credit Union
Government Employee Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1993 and is based in the state of Texas. The credit union currently has 6 branches and 28 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 9,667 members.
Who Can Join?
Eligible to join the Government Employee Federal Credit Union are the following:
- Employees of the U.S. Government living or working in Travis County or the surrounding counties that border Travis County, and their immediate families.
- Employees, homeowners, and others who are members of groups that have fulfilled the membership requirements, and their immediate families
- Main Office Address: Po Box 81535, Austin, TX 78708-1535
- Website: https://www.gefcu-austin.org/
- Phone: (512) 339-9812
- Total Members: 9,667
- Total Assets: $192 million
- Charter Number: 24465
- Routing Number: 314977214
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Texas
There are currently 426 credit unions operating in the state of Texas and combined these credit unions have 10.0 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Education First Credit Union, Brentwood Baptist Church Credit Union and Mid-Tex Credit Union.