Overview of Goldenwest Credit Union
Goldenwest Credit Union was established in 1936 and is the 3rd largest credit union operating in the state of Utah as measured by total assets. The company has 44 branches and employs 658 employees.
Who Can Join Goldenwest Credit Union?
To join the credit union you must meet one of the following:
- You are an employee, volunteer, student or member of a Select Employer Group (SEG) or affiliated association of the credit union. Membership eligibility is extended to immediate family members of SEG/affiliated association employees, volunteers or students.
- You are an employee, student, or alumni of Utah State University, including all USU extension campuses and offices. Membership eligibility is extended immediate family members of Utah State University employees, volunteers, students or alumni.
- You are an employee or student of Dixie State University. Membership eligibility is extended to immediate family members of Dixie State University employees, volunteers, and students.
- You are an employee or volunteer of Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth. Membership eligibility is extended immediate family members of Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth.
- You are a resident of Weber County or you work, worship, volunteer, or attend school in Weber County.
- You are a resident of Salt Lake County or you work, worship, volunteer, or attend school in Salt Lake County.
- You live in select parts of Cache, Davis, Salt Lake, Utah and Washington Counties (ask a Goldenwest representative for details).
- You are a member of the Utah PTA or Idaho PTA.
- You attend school, your child or grandchild attends school, or you work or volunteer, at the following school districts: Box Elder, Davis, Logan, Madison, Morgan, North Summit or Washington.
- Main Office Address: P O Box 1111, Ogden, UT 84402
- Website: http://www.gwcu.org
- Phone: (801) 337-8300
- Charter Number: 24693
- Charter Year: 1936
- Employees: 658
- Goldenwest Credit Union Routing Number: 324377613
- Membership Trends: On average, credit unions in Utah each have 56,765 members while across the United States the equivalent figure is 26,230. By comparison, Goldenwest Credit Union has total members of 161,487 which is significantly larger than the average credit union in the state. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has increased by 17%.
- Total Assets: $2,507 million
- Total Loans: $1,816 million
- Total Net Worth: $323 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $2,003
- Net Worth Ratio: 12.9%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Utah
There are currently 59 credit unions operating in the state of Utah and combined these credit unions have 3.3 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: America First Credit Union, Mountain America Credit Union and Utah Community Credit Union.