Overview of Goetz Credit Union
The credit union was chartered in 1937, making Goetz Credit Union one of the oldest credit unions operating in the state of Missouri. It is also the 33rd largest credit union operating in the state as measured by its total assets. The credit union has 1 branch and employs a total of 11 employees.
Who Can Join Goetz Credit Union
The credit union states that prospective members need to open a share savings account with a minimum deposit of $25 to join. However we believe the credit union’s field of membership is not broad, and is geographically-determined. Contact Goetz Credit Union using the phone number below to request more information on eligibility.
Goetz Credit Union Contact Information
- Main Office Address: 1905 Howard, St Joseph, MO 64501
- Main Office Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 9am-4pm
- Website: http://www.goetzcu.com
- Phone: (816) 232-8754
- Charter Number: 63606
- Charter Year: 1937
- Employees: 13
- Goetz Credit Union Routing Number: 301180111
- Membership Trends: The credit union has a membership base of 12,157 which is smaller than the average credit union operating within the state. Credit unions in Missouri each have on average 13,592 members. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has increased by 16%.
Goetz Credit Union Financial Information
- Total Assets: $86 million
- Total Loans: $47 million
- Total Net Worth: $10 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $807 (this is significantly below the national average of $1,633, which is a metric worth monitoring)
- Net Worth Ratio: 11.4%
- Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Should You Join Goetz Credit Union
As always this is a personal decision and readers should always do their own research and due diligence before joining a credit union. Goetz Credit Union’s low net worth per member stands out to us in particular as it is 50% below the national average. Net worth is an important metric to monitor for credit union performance. That said, the credit union has steadily grown its membership base from 9,928 in 2017 to 12,157 in 2021, and maintains a net worth ratio that is considered well capitalized by the NCUA.
Other Credit Unions in Missouri
There are currently 101 credit unions operating in the state of Missouri and combined these credit unions have 1.4 million members. In addition to Goetz Credit Union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Alliance Credit Union, United Credit Union and De Soto Mo Pac Credit Union.