Overview of Gesa Credit Union
Gesa Credit Union was established in 1953 and is the 2nd largest credit union operating in the state of Washington as measured by total assets. The company has 30 branches and 758 employees. The credit union has a full suite of products for its customers including checking and savings accounts, credit cards, loan products and investing services.
Who Can Join Gesa Credit Union?
Anyone that lives, works, worships or attends school in the state of Washington, or that is a close relative of someone that qualifies as a member, or is a resident of select counties in Idaho and Oregon, is eligible to join Gesa Credit Union. Residents of the following counties in Idaho are eligible to join: Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Clearwater, Idaho, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, Shoshone. Residents of the following counties in Oregon are eligible to join: Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Gilliam, Hood River, Morrow, Multnomah, Sherman, Umatilla, Union, Wasco, Washington.
- Main Office Address: 51 Gage Blvd, Richland, WA 99352
- Website: http://www.gesa.com
- Phone: (509) 378-3100
- Charter Number: 68278
- Charter Year: 1953
- Employees: 782
- Gesa Credit Union Routing Number: 325181248
- Membership Trends: The credit union has a membership base of 274,548 which is significantly larger than the average credit union operating within the state. Credit unions in Washington each have on average 56,190 members. Over the past two years, the credit union’s total membership has increased by 9%.
Financial Metrics (as of March 2022):
- Total Assets: $5,095 million
- Total Loans: $3,902 million
- Total Net Worth: $472 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $1,717
- Net Worth Ratio: 9.3%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Washington
There are currently 79 credit unions operating in the state of Washington and combined these credit unions have 4.4 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Blue Mountain Credit Union, Express Credit Union and Twinstar Credit Union.