Overview of GECU
GECU was first established in the year 1932 and is based in the state of Texas. The credit union currently has 29 branches and 901 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 409,696 members.
Who Can Join?
You are eligible to join the credit union if you are in their field of membership which includes:
- Those persons who work or reside in the County of El Paso, Texas
- Employees of the U.S. Government, the Federal Reserve Bank and similar quasi U.S. Government organizations with headquarters or residence in El Paso, Texas or vicinity
- Persons who are receiving retirement, pension, or other benefits as a result of prior employment by any business or organization included within this field of membership
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union
- Any business or organization whose employees or members are within this field of membership
- Persons who work or reside in Dona Ana County, New Mexico, within a 25-mile radius of the GECU office located at 7410 Helen of Troy Drive in El Paso, Texas;
- Persons who work or reside in the County of Hudspeth, Texas
- And members of the family of such persons
*Must have a GECU share account to open a checking account. A one-time deposit of $20 in a GECU share account is all it takes.
- Main Office Address: Po Box 20998, El Paso, TX 79998
- Website: http://www.gecu.com
- Phone: (915) 778-9221
- Total Members: 409,696
- Total Assets: $3,746 million
- Charter Number: 60058
- Routing Number: 312081089
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.