Overview of Gas and Electric Credit Union
Gas and Electric Credit Union was first established in the year 1935 and is based in the state of Illinois. The credit union currently has 1 branch and 13 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 5,023 members.
Who Can Join?
Gas and Electric Credit Union’s membership eligibility is exclusively open for employees, retirees, and family members of the following:
- MidAmerican Energy
- The City of Rock Island
- BITCO Insurance
- Illinois Casualty Company
- Rock Island Corps of Engineers
- Thomas Hammar, CPA,
- Stecker Graphics
- Friendship Manor
- Rock Island-Milan School District
- JTM Concepts
- Downtown Rock Island District Businesses
- Iowa American Water
- Main Office Address: 2300 4Th Ave, Rock Island, IL 61201
- Website: http://www.gaselectriccu.com
- Phone: (309) 793-3610
- Total Members: 5,023
- Total Assets: $110 million
- Charter Number: 65003
- Routing Number: 271188230
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Illinois
There are currently 205 credit unions operating in the state of Illinois and combined these credit unions have 3.4 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: SIUE Credit Union, A.S.H. Employees Credit Union and Linxus Credit Union.