Overview of Galveston Government Employees Credit Union
Galveston Government Employees Credit Union was first established in the year 1933 and is based in the state of Texas. The credit union currently has 1 branch and 3 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 2,130 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership at Galveston Government Employees Credit Union is open to the following groups:
- Civilian and military employees of the U.S. Government who work in or have headquarters in Galveston County or who receive logistic support from a federal office in Galveston County
- Retired civilian and military employees of the U.S. Government who reside in Galveston County
- Employees of the U.S. Public Health Hospital, Nassau Bay area
- Elected and appointed employees of Galveston County
- Groups of employees or members of companies or associations which are located within 10 miles of the credit union
- BNSF Employees, COE Employees, Post Office Employees
- Main Office Address: Po Box 1149, Dickinson, TX 77539-1149
- Website: https://ggecu.com/
- Phone: (409) 908-9834
- Charter Number: 67427
- Charter Year: 1933
- Routing Number: 313182217
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Texas
There are currently 426 credit unions operating in the state of Texas and combined these credit unions have 10.0 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Public Employees Credit Union, Central Texas Teachers Credit Union and Centex Citizens Credit Union.