Overview of Essential Federal Credit Union
Essential Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1972 and is based in the state of Louisiana. The credit union currently has 5 branches and 99 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 43,000 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership at Essential Federal Credit Union is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in the following parishes:
- East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, East Feliciana. West Feliciana
- Ascension, Livingston, Iberville, Pointe Coupee, and St. Helena
- Main Office Address: Po Box 738, Plaquemine, LA 70765
- Website: http://www.essentialfcu.org
- Phone: (225) 353-8238
- Total Members: 43,000
- Total Assets: $358 million
- Charter Number: 20972
- Routing Number: 265476440
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Louisiana
There are currently 159 credit unions operating in the state of Louisiana and combined these credit unions have 1.3 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Legacy Financial Credit Union, UNO Credit Union and WESLA Credit Union.