Overview of Electel Cooperative Federal Credit Union
Electel Cooperative Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1969 and is based in the state of North Carolina. The credit union currently has 5 branches and 10 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 7,306 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership at Electel Cooperative Federal Credit Union is open to the following:
- A member/consumer (or a family member) of one of an approved North Carolina electric or telephone cooperatives
- Employees, directors, and officers of the electric and telephone cooperatives in North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Tennessee, and West Virginia
- Family members eligible person
- Main Office Address: 3400 Sumner Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27616
- Website: http://www.electel.org
- Phone: (800) 849-5600
- Total Members: 7,306
- Total Assets: $61 million
- Charter Number: 24819
- Routing Number: 253176930
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in North Carolina
There are currently 63 credit unions operating in the state of North Carolina and combined these credit unions have 4.8 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Greensboro Municipal Credit Union, Winston-Salem Credit Union and Lion’s Share Credit Union.