Overview of Democracy Federal Credit Union
Democracy Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1936 and is based in the state of Virginia. The credit union currently has 5 branches and 30 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 13,250 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership at Democracy Federal Credit Union is open to the following:
- People who live, work, worship, attend school, or regularly conduct business in the areas below
- VIRGINIA – Most areas of the City of Alexandria, Arlington and Fairfax Counties
- MARYLAND – Most areas of Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties
- WASHINGTON, D.C. – All areas of the City
- Employees of the following organizations:
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education
- Social Security Administration
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Food & Drug Administration
- Gallaudet University – Faculty, employees and registered students enrolled in a program leading to a degree or certificate
- Select Employee Groups – Democracy FCU serves employees of companies who offer membership as an employee benefit; contact Democracy FCU to determine if your employer is a participant.
- Main Office Address: P O Box 25516, Alexandria, VA 22313-5516
- Website: https://democracyfcu.org/
- Phone: (202) 488-5400
- Total Members: 13,250
- Total Assets: $178 million
- Charter Number: 1407
- Routing Number: 254074688
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Virginia
There are currently 108 credit unions operating in the state of Virginia and combined these credit unions have 16.7 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: First NRV Credit Union, Richmond Heritage Credit Union and Langley Credit Union.