Overview of Credit Union of America
Credit Union of America was established in 1935 and is based in the state of Kansas. The credit union currently has 14 branches and 235 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 87,010 members. The credit union was selected as one of the best credit unions in the United States in 2022.
Who Can Join?
To join Credit Union of America, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Employed or retired in the field of education in the state of Kansas
- Work for an Employer Partner or family member of an existing credit union member
- You are a resident or employee in the following counties: Anderson, Atchison, Barber, Barton, Butler, Chase, Clark, Clay, Cloud, Coffey, Comanche, Cowley, Dickinson, Doniphan, Douglas, Edwards, Ellis, Ellsworth, Finney, Ford, Franklin, Geary, Gray, Harper, Harvey, Hodgeman, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Kingman, Kiowa, Leavenworth, Lincoln, Linn, Lyon, Marion, McPherson, Miami, Mitchell, Morris, Osage, Osborne, Ottawa, Pawnee, Pottawatomie, Pratt, Reno, Rice, Riley, Rooks, Russell, Rush, Saline, Sedgwick, Shawnee, Stafford, Sumner, Wabaunsee, or Wyandotte.
- Any non-profit, small business, organization, trust, or custodial account whose signatory would otherwise be eligible for membership by the criteria above.
- You are a member of the American Consumer Council (membership can be completed at the credit union for no additional cost).
- Main Office Address: Po Box 47528, Wichita, KS 67201-7528
- Website: http://www.cuofamerica.com
- Phone: (316) 265-3272
- Total Members: 87,010
- Total Assets: $1,285 million
- Charter Number: 60062
- Routing Number: 301180056
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.