Overview of Chicago Municipal Employees Credit Union
Chicago Municipal Employees Credit Union was first established in the year 1926 and is based in the state of Illinois. The credit union currently has a total of 3 branches and 16 employees.
Who Can Join?
Membership is open to the following:
- All employees of the City of Chicago and sister agencies
- Metra employees and Metra riders who live, work or worship in CMECU’s geographical service area
- Anyone who lives in Cook County (residents, employees employers and family members) within the following boundaries, North boundary is Central Ave., West boundary is Cook County/Will County/DuPage County intersection, then following Cook County border straight north intersecting with Central Road, East is Lake Michigan and South Cook County border
- Main Office Address: 18 S Michigan Ave, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60603
- Website: https://www.cmecuonline.org
- Phone: (312) 236-2326
- Charter Number: 65932
- Charter Year: 1926
- Routing Number: 271078094
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is considered to be well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Illinois
There are currently 205 credit unions operating in the state of Illinois and combined these credit unions have 3.4 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Rockford Bell Credit Union, Peoria Bell Credit Union and MWRD Employees Credit Union.