Overview of Chemcel Federal Credit Union
Chemcel Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1951 and is based in the state of Texas. The credit union currently has 6 branches and 30 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 9,856 members.
Who Can Join?
Eligible to join Chemcel Federal Credit Union are the following:
- Persons who live, work, or regularly conduct business in, worship, or attend school in, and business and other legal entities in Jim Wells, Kleberg, and Nueces counties
- Employees of Celanese Corporation who work in or are supervised from Bishop plant, Clear Lake plant, Bay City plant and Dallas office
- Retirees of Celanese Corporation Bishop plant, Clear Lake plant, Bay City plant and Dallas office
- Immediate family members of a current CFCU member
- Main Office Address: 5740 County Road 4, Bishop, TX 78343
- Website: https://www.chemcel.org/
- Phone: (361) 584-6246
- Total Members: 9,856
- Total Assets: $155 million
- Charter Number: 7129
- Routing Number: 314977971
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Texas
There are currently 426 credit unions operating in the state of Texas and combined these credit unions have 10.0 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Transtar Credit Union, Galveston School Employees Credit Union and South Texas Regional Credit Union.