Overview of Chattanooga Federal Employees Credit Union
Chattanooga Federal Employees Credit Union was first established in the year 1925 and is based in the state of Tennessee. The credit union currently has 1 branch and 8 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 2,777 members.
Who Can Join?
The field of membership is limited to those Federal employees and other persons, associations and organizations having the following common bond and association:
- Any employee of the U.S. Postal Service living or working within the operational area, as approved by the Commissioner, of the General Mail Facility at Chattanooga. The term employee shall include persons employed as Postmaster Relief, Rural Carrier Associate, Rural Carrier Relief, all temporary employees, and contracted employees with a contract equal to six months or more.
- Any employee, contracted employee (with a contract equal to six months or more), or retiree of any department or agency of the Federal Government living or working within the operational area of the General Mail Facility at Chattanooga, as approved by the commissioner.
- Groups of persons with occupational common bonds which are located within the credit union’s operational area, which do not presently have credit union service available.
- Associates in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, P.C.
- Dealers Auto Auction of Chattanooga
- Loomis Armored US
- Sa Hair a Salon
- Southern Auto Body Supply
- Title Guaranty & Trust Company
A number of persons by virtue of their close relationships to a common bond group in the field of membership. These include the following:
- Spouses of persons who died within the field of membership
- Employees of the Credit Union
- Immediate families of eligible members or immediate family members of persons eligible for Credit Union membership. Immediate family is defined as any relative by blood or marriage or legal adoption or legal guardianship
- Volunteers for member organizations.
- Main Office Address: P.O. Box 22205, Chattanooga, TN 37422-2205
- Website: https://www.cfecu.org
- Phone: (423) 892-3738
- Charter Number: 62537
- Charter Year: 1925
- Routing Number: 261388273
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Tennessee
There are currently 134 credit unions operating in the state of Tennessee and combined these credit unions have 2.5 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Memorial Credit Union, Leaders Credit Union and Kimberly Clark Credit Union.