Overview of Boston Firefighters Credit Union
Boston Firefighters Credit Union was first established in the year 1947 and is based in the state of Massachusetts. The credit union currently has 1 branch and 36 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 10,559 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership in this Credit Union shall be limited to the employees and retirees (including their family members) of the following:
- Boston Fire Department
- Boston Police Department
- Boston EMS
- Boston School Police
- Massachusetts State Police
- Boston Firefighters Credit Union
- Boston Firefighters Local 718
- Massachusetts Fire Departments whose members comprise the Professional Fire Fighters of Massachusetts (PFFM), a labor organization affiliated with the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF)
- Suffolk County Sheriff’s Department
- Police Departments within a 25-mile radius of Boston
For the purpose of this section, the term “family member” shall be defined to include spouses, domestic partners (sharing a principal residence in the same household as the member), and children as well as parents, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, nieces, and nephews whether related by blood or marriage.
- Main Office Address: 60 Hallet St, Dorchester, MA 02124-5408
- Website: http://www.bosfirecu.com
- Phone: (617) 288-2420
- Total Members: 10,559
- Total Assets: $398 million
- Charter Number: 67837
- Routing Number: 211080712
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.