Overview of Big Island Credit Union
Big Island Credit Union was first established in the year 1936 and is based in the state of Hawaii. The credit union currently has 3 branches and 30 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 9,976 members.
Who Can Join Big Island Credit Union?
Membership is available to anyone that satisfies the following criteria:
- Live on the island of Hawaii;
- Regularly work, attend school, worship, perform volunteer services, or participate in associations headquartered on the island of Hawaii;
- Participate in programs to alleviate poverty or distress which are located on the island of Hawaii; and
- Incorporated and unincorporated organizations located on the island of Hawaii.
Contact and Other Helpful Information
- Main Office Address: 66 Lono St, Hilo, HI 96720-4144
- Website: https://www.bigislandfcu.com
- Phone: (808) 935-9778
- Charter Number: 1607
- Charter Year: 1936
- Employees: 30
- Routing Number: 321378644
- Membership: Credit unions in the state of Hawaii have an average membership base of 17,347 compared with Big Island Federal Credit Union which has total members of 9,991. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has increased by 1%.
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.