Overview of Barksdale Federal Credit Union
Barksdale Federal Credit Union was established in 1954 and is the largest credit union operating in the state of Louisiana as measured by total assets. The credit union has 27 branches and 415 employees.
Who Can Join Barksdale Federal Credit Union?
You can join the credit union if you live, work, worship, attend school or own a business in the following locals: Bossier, Caddo, Webster, Rapides, Allen or Grant parish. You are also eligible to join the credit union if you fall into one of the following categories:
- You are an active military or civilian employee at Barksdale Air Force Base
- You are an active military or civilian employee at Fort Polk Army Post
- You were honorably discharged or are a retired veteran who served in any of the Armed Services of the United States
- You are an employee (full or part-time) at one of the credit unions Select Employee Groups
- You are a member of the immediate family or household of a current Barksdale Federal Credit Union member or any person eligible for membership
- Main Office Address: Po Box 9, Barksdale Afb, LA 71110-0009
- Website: http://www.bfcu.org
- Phone: (318) 549-8240
- Charter Number: 9589
- Charter Year: 1954
- Employees: 409
- Barksdale Federal Credit Union Routing Number: 311175093
- Membership Trends: On average, credit unions in Louisiana each have 8,447 members while across the United States the equivalent figure is 26,711. By comparison, Barksdale Federal Credit Union has total members of 157,202 which is significantly larger than the average credit union in the state. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has increased by 21%.
- Barksdale Federal Credit Union is among the credit unions that use Zelle
Financial Metrics (as of March 2022):
- Total Assets: $2,049 million
- Total Loans: $1,055 million
- Total Net Worth: $189 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $1,202
- Net Worth Ratio: 9.2%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Louisiana
There are currently 159 credit unions operating in the state of Louisiana and combined these credit unions have 1.3 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Meritus Credit Union and Neighbors Credit Union.