Overview of Artesia Credit Union
Artesia Credit Union was established in 1955 and is the 14th largest credit union operating in the state of New Mexico as measured by total assets. The company has 1 branch and employs 17 employees. Artesia Credit Union was selected as one of the best credit unions to join in 2022.
Who Can Join Artesia Credit Union?
You can join the credit union if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Employees of the Artesia Public Schools, Artesia, NM
- Members of the Board of Education of the Artesia Public Schools
- Members of the Artesia Association of Educational Retirees and any retired school employee residing in Eddy County
- Employees of Central Valley Electric Cooperative, Artesia, NM
- Retired employees of CVE Cooperative
- Employees of Yates Petroleum and its subsidiaries, who work in, are paid from, or supervised in Artesia, New Mexico
- Employees of the City of Artesia
- Employees of the Penasco Valley Telephone Cooperative, and its subsidiary, PVT Networks
- Employees of any of the following entities:
- Holly Corporation
- Koch Asphalt Solutions
- Eddy County Sheriff’s Department
- Champion, Inc
- Ryder Services, Inc.
- Mack Energy Corporation
- Johnny C. Moreno, M.D.
- C-2 technologies
- OK Hot Oil Services
- Retired persons of the above-named organizations
- Employees of this credit union
- Residents of Eddy and Chaves Counties who live work, and worship within a 30 mile radius of the Artesia Credit Union branch located at 210 N. 5th Street in Artesia, New Mexico
- Main Office Address: Po Box 406, Artesia, NM 88210
- Website: http://www.artesiacu.org
- Phone: (575) 748-9779
- Charter Number: 62783
- Charter Year: 1955
- Employees: 17
- Artesia Credit Union Routing Number: 312276072
- Membership Trends: Credit unions in the state of New Mexico have an average membership base of 24,938 compared with Artesia Credit Union which has total members of 8,350. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has increased by 11%.
- Total Assets: $132 million
- Total Loans: $72 million
- Total Net Worth: $18 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $2,195
- Net Worth Ratio: 13.9%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in New Mexico
There are currently 40 credit unions operating in the state of New Mexico and combined these credit unions have 998 members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Nusenda Credit Union, Sandia Laboratory Credit Union and First Financial Credit Union.