Overview of America First Credit Union
America First Credit Union was established in 1939 and is the largest credit union operating in the state of Utah as measured by total assets. The company has 120 branches and 3,090 employees.
Who Can Join America First Credit Union?
In order to join the credit union you must fall into one of the below categories:
Live, work (or regularly conduct business in), worship, volunteer, or attend school in:
- Salt Lake, Utah, and Juab Counties, Utah
- Eligible areas of Cache, Davis, Iron, Rich, Washington, and Weber Counties, Utah
- Clark and Lincoln Counties, Nevada (except those living within a 25-mile radius of the Alamo, Nevada U.S. Post Office)
- Eligible areas of Churchill, Douglas, Esmeralda, Lyon, Mineral, Nye, Storey, Washoe, and Carson City Counties, Nevada
- Maricopa County, Arizona
- Eligible areas of Mohave and Pima Counties, Arizona
- Eligible areas in Page and St. Johns, Arizona
- Eligible areas of Ada, Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Boise, Bonneville, Canyon, Caribou, Clark, Elmore, Franklin, Gem, Jefferson, Madison, Owyhee, and Power Counties, Idaho
- Eligible areas of Malheur County, Oregon
- Eligible areas of Bernalillo, Chaves, De Baca, Guadalupe, Harding, Mora, Quay, Sandoval, San Miguel, Santa Fe, Torrance, or Valencia Counties, New Mexico
You are also eligible to join the credit union if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Owners, employees, or suppliers involved in the food industry in Utah. Employees or members of a Select Employer Group (SEG) or an affiliated association.
- Members of the immediate family or household of an existing member that is eligible for membership of the credit union.
- Spouses of members who died within the field of membership.
- Existing America First Federal Credit Union members.
- Employees of America First Federal Credit Union or its subsidiary corporations.
- Main Office Address: 4774 South 1300 West, Building # 3, Riverdale, UT 84405
- Website: http://www.americafirst.com
- Phone: (801) 627-0900
- Charter Number: 24694
- Charter Year: 1939
- Employees: 3,047
- America First Credit Union Routing Number: 324377516
- Membership Trends: On average, credit unions in Utah each have 58,426 members while across the United States the equivalent figure is 26,711. By comparison, America First Credit Union has total members of 1,247,287 which is significantly larger than the average credit union in the state. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has increased by 25%.
Financial Metrics (as of March 2022):
- Total Assets: $17,571 million
- Total Loans: $10,764 million
- Total Net Worth: $1,718 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $1,377
- Net Worth Ratio: 9.8%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Utah
There are currently 59 credit unions operating in the state of Utah and combined these credit unions have 3.3 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Jordan Credit Union, Goldenwest Credit Union and Mountain America Credit Union.