Overview of AFL-CIO Employees Federal Credit Union
AFL-CIO Employees Federal Credit Union was first established in the year 1952 and is based in the state of District of Columbia. The credit union currently has 1 branch and 12 employees. As of December 2021, the credit union has 4,862 members.
Who Can Join?
Membership is open to the following:
- Persons employed by:
- The AFL-CIO
- An affiliated AFL-CIO International Union:
– Airline Pilots; State, County and Municipal Employee; United Food and Commercial Workers; Communications Workers of America; International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers; American Federal of Teachers; Machinists; Government Employees; National Association of Letter Carriers; Laborers; American Postal Workers; and Sheet Metal Workers
- A constitutional department of the AFL-CIO
- A state or local central labor body
- Members of the following organizations:
- Office and Professional Employees International Union (OEPIU)-Local 2
- United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW)-Local 400
- United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW)-Local 2013
- National Football League Players Association (NFLPA)
- International Union of Painters Allied Trades (IUPAT)-District Council 51
- Washington-Baltimore News Guild- TNG-CWA- Local 32035
- Immediate family of the current members of this credit union
- Main Office Address: 555 New Jersey Ave Nw, Ste 100, Washington, DC 20001
- Website: http://www.aflcioefcu.org
- Phone: (301) 683-2800
- Total Members: 4,862
- Total Assets: $54 million
- Charter Number: 7992
- Routing Number: 254074031
Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well-capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in District of Columbia
There are currently 34 credit unions operating in the state of District of Columbia and combined these credit unions have 299,083 members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Congressional Credit Union, Paho/Who Credit Union and DC Fire Department Credit Union.