Overview of A+ Federal Credit Union
A+ Federal Credit Union was established in 1949 and is the 12th largest credit union operating in the state of Texas as measured by total assets. The company has 22 branches and 512 employees.
Who Can Join A+ Federal Credit Union?
Anyone can become a member of A+ Federal Credit Union by making a one-time $10 donation to the A+ Education Foundation. You are also eligible for membership if you are an employee or student of select schools, districts or higher education partner, an employee of select businesses or organizations or a family member that is a current member or eligible for membership.
- Main Office Address: Po Box 14867, Austin, TX 78761-4867
- Website: https://www.aplusfcu.org
- Phone: (512) 302-6800
- Charter Number: 6178
- Charter Year: 1949
- Employees: 498
- A+ Federal Credit Union Routing Number: 314977104
- Membership Trends: On average, credit unions in Texas each have 23,813 members while across the United States the equivalent figure is 26,711. By comparison, A+ Federal Credit Union has total members of 185,631 which is significantly larger than the average credit union in the state. Over the past three years, the credit union’s total base of members has increased by 21%.
Financial Metrics (as of March 2022):
- Total Assets: $2,506 million
- Total Loans: $2,101 million
- Total Net Worth: $243 million
- Total Net Worth Per Member: $1,311
- Net Worth Ratio: 9.7%. Based on the NCUA guidelines, this credit union is well capitalized.
Other Credit Unions in Texas
There are currently 426 credit unions operating in the state of Texas and combined these credit unions have 10.0 million members. In addition to this credit union, you may also be eligible to join the following credit unions in the state: Neiman Marcus Group Employees Credit Union, Old Ocean Credit Union and Beacon Credit Union.